You may feel sad, angry, confused, guilty, relieved and much more and all at the same time.
There’s no right or wrong way to feel when someone important has died, however some ways of expressing how you feel may be more helpful than others.
Think about what helps you feel a little bit brighter when you are feeling angry or sad or worried.
Maybe you could make a list?
Here are some ideas:
- Play music (maybe turn the volume up a bit?)
- Go outside, even in the rain, even if just for five minutes
- Have your favourite snack in a comfortable chair
- Find somewhere where you can scream very loudly for a few moments
- Watch some comedy or even funny animal videos
- Have a special cushion you can punch when things are just too much
- Talk to friends or someone who really listens